WHITTLESEY: They need to make this road safer
I AM sure you are aware that the road along the North Bank of the River Nene heading towards Whittlesey has a sad history of fatalities; something that promoted the city council to make some welcome changes to reduce the speed of traffic on a particularly
I AM sure you are aware that the road along the North Bank of the River Nene heading towards Whittlesey has a sad history of fatalities; something that promoted the city council to make some welcome changes to reduce the speed of traffic on a particularly troublesome bend along the road a few years ago.
Whilst I recognise as a Cambridgeshire County Councillor, that I have no jurisdiction over the road, it remains an area of considerable concern to Whittlesey residents, because of the unfortunate number of people from our town who have lost their lives there.
As public servants we have a responsibility to do everything we can to reduce the number of accidents and deaths on our roads and, as a result of this I am writing to request that Peterborough City Council urgently investigate reducing the speed limit along the North Bank Road and consider the installation of average speed cameras, similar to the work being planned by Cambridgeshire County Council along the Forty Foot Bank.
COUNCILLOR MARTIN CURTIS
You may also want to watch:
County Councillor, Whittlesey, North
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned