WHITTLESEY: They need to make this road safer
I AM sure you are aware that the road along the North Bank of the River Nene heading towards Whittlesey has a sad history of fatalities; something that promoted the city council to make some welcome changes to reduce the speed of traffic on a particularly
I AM sure you are aware that the road along the North Bank of the River Nene heading towards Whittlesey has a sad history of fatalities; something that promoted the city council to make some welcome changes to reduce the speed of traffic on a particularly troublesome bend along the road a few years ago.
Whilst I recognise as a Cambridgeshire County Councillor, that I have no jurisdiction over the road, it remains an area of considerable concern to Whittlesey residents, because of the unfortunate number of people from our town who have lost their lives there.
As public servants we have a responsibility to do everything we can to reduce the number of accidents and deaths on our roads and, as a result of this I am writing to request that Peterborough City Council urgently investigate reducing the speed limit along the North Bank Road and consider the installation of average speed cameras, similar to the work being planned by Cambridgeshire County Council along the Forty Foot Bank.
COUNCILLOR MARTIN CURTIS
You may also want to watch:
County Councillor, Whittlesey, North
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road