WHITTLESEY: The town has got so much to offer
WHITTLESEY is changing. Some of the estate agents have gone, but there are NEW shops and some under new management.We have a POUND SHOP, opposite the old town hall/ fire station, the new development next to the Fish and chips and Chinese take away. The
WHITTLESEY is changing.
Some of the estate agents have gone, but there are NEW shops and some under new management.
We have a POUND SHOP, opposite the old town hall/ fire station, the new development next to the Fish and chips and Chinese take away.
The pound shop is what it says, so you can find stationery and oddments and loo paper. Most useful.
Down the side street, St Mary's, a little shop called FONE has opened (most helpful when I couldn't open my phone case).
He sells all kinds of second hand mobile phones and bits that go with them.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
And of course, the Cape Computer Shop is under new management.
I thought we had lost that - Ian and Mary have recently married and decided to take time off for an extended holiday in Brazil.
So we have some thriving shops, and the Friday Market is still there.
Fish, flowers and things.
P.S I am not related to any one in these shops, just a satisfied customer.