WHITTLESEY: Support your local shops and this great town
TO your reader who is trying to persuade people to use local shops I say a big thank you. We have been trading in Whittlesey for nearly 25 years and have a loyal customer base, but there are still local people who come into the shop and say We didn t kno
TO your reader who is trying to persuade people to use local shops I say a big thank you.
We have been trading in Whittlesey for nearly 25 years and have a loyal customer base, but there are still local people who come into the shop and say "We didn't know you were here, what a wonderful shop".
Where your reader may be wrong is in the idea that local shops are more expensive. We are frequently told that our prices are competitive and in many cases cheaper because we deal direct with our suppliers and get special deals which we pass onto our customers.
Our staff are knowledgeable, friendly and happy to help or simply to chat.
You may also want to watch:
We do not have a delivery van but where possible, for customers living in the town, staff deliver large items in their own cars.
Whittlesey boasts two excellent butchers, a delicious bakery, a greengrocer selling local produce, an independent paper shop, card shops, a traditional gents outfitters, a haberdashery, three florists and well as hardware/DIY/general stores. We have eating places to suit all tastes and budgets as well as two supermarkets and we have free parking.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
There is also an the electrical shop where you can buy TVs, washing machines and cookers, the lighting shop, the cobblers, the locksmith, the fireplace shop, cycle shop, two independent jewellers one of which sells ladies clothing, gift shops, computer shops and two sweet shops .
We also have a travel agent, three chemists and two opticians as well as various charity shops. Sadly we don't have the candlestick maker anymore - she retired! There is probably someone I have still forgotten.
There is now a proposal for an out of town supermarket.
If that proposal goes ahead then it would really kill the town. People of Whittlesey, please support your local shops or they will disappear.