WHITTLESEY: Sort out this danger road.
HOW many more people need to die on the North Bank Road Whittlesey before Peterborough council do something to improve the inadequacies of this over used road. If the current signage is an improvement it must have been none existent before. The council n
HOW many more people need to die on the North Bank Road Whittlesey before Peterborough council do something to improve the inadequacies of this over used road.
If the current signage is an improvement it must have been none existent before.
The council need to get off their backsides & drive along the North Bank road at night to sample the extreme danger that exists on this notorious road.
Reference your article January 20, I don't think I have ever heard such a lame excuse as lack of electricity for placing a speed camera.
More like they don't understand the situation and couldn't care less as it mainly affects Whittlesey
Build another carriageway is the answer. In the short term install some white lines cats eyes ,speed cameras and chevron barriers on the bends by The Dog & Doublet, to give you an indication that the road turns sharply and stop cars plunging into the river.
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
- 10 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
Of course the real answer is to build the Whittlesey By Pass& link it to the Park Ways, which will encourage drivers not to use the North Bank Road.
The only real reason to use the North Bank road is to avoid the inevitable delays of the Kings Dyke railway crossing & the inadequacies of the A605.