Wheelie bins should be emptied weekly
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self ) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days. This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council dec
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self ) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days.
This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council decided to empty all its bins once a fortnight instead of once a week. For papers, tins and bottles there is no complaint but kitchen waste and such like it is definitely unhealthy and the decision should be reversed.
No doubt the Tory council managed to save a few bob, sacked a couple of workers I suppose. If there is a health inspector around these parts I would ask him or her to look into this matter.
I would also suggest to members of the health committee the very least they can do is to have a discussion about this.
ANNE KING Ex-Fenland District Councillor Elliott Road March
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections