Wheelie bins should be emptied weekly
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self ) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days. This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council dec
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self ) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days.
This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council decided to empty all its bins once a fortnight instead of once a week. For papers, tins and bottles there is no complaint but kitchen waste and such like it is definitely unhealthy and the decision should be reversed.
No doubt the Tory council managed to save a few bob, sacked a couple of workers I suppose. If there is a health inspector around these parts I would ask him or her to look into this matter.
I would also suggest to members of the health committee the very least they can do is to have a discussion about this.
You may also want to watch:
ANNE KING Ex-Fenland District Councillor Elliott Road March
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months