Wheelie bins should be emptied weekly
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self ) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days. This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council dec
AS wheelie bins made the news recently (Fen Blow by David Self ) I thought I would have a go as they are really on my mind a lot these days.
This is one of the hottest and most humid summers I can remember and I am in my eighties, yet Fenland Council decided to empty all its bins once a fortnight instead of once a week. For papers, tins and bottles there is no complaint but kitchen waste and such like it is definitely unhealthy and the decision should be reversed.
No doubt the Tory council managed to save a few bob, sacked a couple of workers I suppose. If there is a health inspector around these parts I would ask him or her to look into this matter.
I would also suggest to members of the health committee the very least they can do is to have a discussion about this.
You may also want to watch:
ANNE KING Ex-Fenland District Councillor Elliott Road March
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer