What a great Christmas market that was
BRILLIANT. Fantastic. Wonderful. Great. These are some of the adjectives I heard applied to Wisbech s Christmas market on Monday. The centre of Wisbech simply came to life. The music and fair organs attracted crowds of Christmas shoppers who flocked to fi
BRILLIANT. Fantastic. Wonderful. Great. These are some of the adjectives I heard applied to Wisbech's Christmas market on Monday.
The centre of Wisbech simply came to life. The music and fair organs attracted crowds of Christmas shoppers who flocked to find those unusual presents for those who are always difficult to buy for.
The Gallopers beside the Clarkson Memorial formed an enticing gateway to the event, drawing in the crowds.
And what a wonderful range of stalls. Quality food stalls, interesting craft stalls, antiques and bric-a-brac, clothes stalls and many of the regular traders who support the weekly markets. All were doing serious business.
You may also want to watch:
Families were saying their children had had a fantastic time. Older retired people were both enjoying shopping themselves and joining inn the community spirit that inspired the whole event.
This was a fantastic opportunity for all the shops in the town centre to pull in trade from the thousands of shoppers passing their doors. I'm sure all the successful shopkeepers were able to capitalise on the opportunity.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
It was certainly difficult to buy lunch in the various eateries and many of the other shops were busy.
The park and ride service may be a portent of a service that could be expanded in the future.
But how wonderful to have the centre of town reclaimed by shoppers. No cars.
This surely indicates the future direction for the management of the Market Place. It's there for shoppers on foot, not those horrid motors. So leave your cars where they belong and enjoy Wisbech Market Place for what it was intended - people.
Congratulations to all involved in the promotion of the market. An enjoyable event blessed with beautiful weather. Thank you.