We need answers over Mat Taylor affair
THE news that Mat Taylor may now been in line for a sizeable redundancy compensation package is an absolute disgrace. But it doesn t surprise me at all knowing the secrecy and double-speak that has surrounded (and continues to surround) the whole episode.
THE news that Mat Taylor may now been in line for a sizeable redundancy compensation package is an absolute disgrace.
But it doesn't surprise me at all knowing the secrecy and double-speak that has surrounded (and continues to surround) the whole episode.
Are these people not capable of interpreting employment law?
Either Mr Taylor resigned to emigrate to Australia (which is what we were originally told) or he didn't.
If however, he was kept on the payroll as an employee and not a consultant, it should have been obvious that he would claim compensation, if he was summarily made redundant.
The extent of this affair is an insult to the taxpayer and makes a laughing stock of our elected representatives.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 3 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 4 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Critically endangered birds thrown a lifeline thanks to five-year project
- 7 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 8 Hospital staff pressures takes its toll on emergency care, inspectors find
- 9 Mayor in heated clash with East Cambs Council leader
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Serious questions need to be asked about the propriety with which this deal was originally set up and the subsequent continuation of Mr Taylor's employment, both in this country and New Zealand and his subsequent termination.
Moreover, the people concerned, whether they be officers or councillors, should be held to account for their actions.
The more you disclose about the goings on at FDC the more it appears to be run like a banana republic!
Are these people, elected and unelected alike, accountable to anybody?
It would appear not, certainly not the electorate.
Why do they feel the need to keep every little detail secret?
EDITOR'S NOTE: The Mat Taylor story was revealed on our website earlier this week.