We need answers over Mat Taylor affair
THE news that Mat Taylor may now been in line for a sizeable redundancy compensation package is an absolute disgrace. But it doesn t surprise me at all knowing the secrecy and double-speak that has surrounded (and continues to surround) the whole episode.
THE news that Mat Taylor may now been in line for a sizeable redundancy compensation package is an absolute disgrace.
But it doesn't surprise me at all knowing the secrecy and double-speak that has surrounded (and continues to surround) the whole episode.
Are these people not capable of interpreting employment law?
Either Mr Taylor resigned to emigrate to Australia (which is what we were originally told) or he didn't.
You may also want to watch:
If however, he was kept on the payroll as an employee and not a consultant, it should have been obvious that he would claim compensation, if he was summarily made redundant.
The extent of this affair is an insult to the taxpayer and makes a laughing stock of our elected representatives.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
Serious questions need to be asked about the propriety with which this deal was originally set up and the subsequent continuation of Mr Taylor's employment, both in this country and New Zealand and his subsequent termination.
Moreover, the people concerned, whether they be officers or councillors, should be held to account for their actions.
The more you disclose about the goings on at FDC the more it appears to be run like a banana republic!
Are these people, elected and unelected alike, accountable to anybody?
It would appear not, certainly not the electorate.
Why do they feel the need to keep every little detail secret?
EDITOR'S NOTE: The Mat Taylor story was revealed on our website earlier this week.