Voice of the Fens
AS newly-appointed Editor, I am delighted to follow a long line of incumbents privileged to occupy this position. My aim will be to bring you an insight into Fenland life which will focus on some key issues of the moment. It is never easy trying to appea
AS newly-appointed Editor, I am delighted to follow a long line of incumbents privileged to occupy this position.
My aim will be to bring you an insight into Fenland life which will focus on some key issues of the moment.
It is never easy trying to appease all the people all the time, so be prepared for comment and controversies that may not be to your liking.
But as someone with a long standing admiration for the Fens, I promise always to have your best interests at heart.
You may also want to watch:
There are issues that can sometimes only be addressed by a local newspaper, and I promise we will not shy away from tackling them.
In all matters we will be fair. In our approach we will be fearless. And in our determination to succeed we will be passionate.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
If you contact me, you will be heard. If you write to me, you will receive a response. If we get something wrong, we will correct it.
If we can help you, in whatever way, we will strive to do so.
I look forward to both the challenge and responsibility of editing your local paper.
If you like what you read, write and tell me. If you disagree with anything we publish, then feel free to call me.
And if you want to visit, my door will be open to you.
John Elworthy, Editor,