Voice of the Fens
AS newly-appointed Editor, I am delighted to follow a long line of incumbents privileged to occupy this position. My aim will be to bring you an insight into Fenland life which will focus on some key issues of the moment. It is never easy trying to appea
AS newly-appointed Editor, I am delighted to follow a long line of incumbents privileged to occupy this position.
My aim will be to bring you an insight into Fenland life which will focus on some key issues of the moment.
It is never easy trying to appease all the people all the time, so be prepared for comment and controversies that may not be to your liking.
But as someone with a long standing admiration for the Fens, I promise always to have your best interests at heart.
You may also want to watch:
There are issues that can sometimes only be addressed by a local newspaper, and I promise we will not shy away from tackling them.
In all matters we will be fair. In our approach we will be fearless. And in our determination to succeed we will be passionate.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
If you contact me, you will be heard. If you write to me, you will receive a response. If we get something wrong, we will correct it.
If we can help you, in whatever way, we will strive to do so.
I look forward to both the challenge and responsibility of editing your local paper.
If you like what you read, write and tell me. If you disagree with anything we publish, then feel free to call me.
And if you want to visit, my door will be open to you.
John Elworthy, Editor,