TV LICENSING: We've had a nightmare since paying for a new licence in August
WE have had a nightmare of a time with the TV licensing people. We paid for a year s licence in August, but they went on to refund us in full a few weeks later, claiming that we had paid in error. They didn t tell us they had made the refund, and we recei
WE have had a nightmare of a time with the TV licensing people. We paid for a year's licence in August, but they went on to refund us in full a few weeks later, claiming that we had paid in error. They didn't tell us they had made the refund, and we received a paper licence through the post.
Then out of the blue, an officer forced his way into our home, terrorised our Finish au pair who was at home on her own, and hardly speaks a word of English, and cautioned her. To top it off, now we have repaid the licence, they have put it in the au pair's name. We have reported this to the police, but they seem to think that because she wasn't beaten, it is not a police matter.
Despite letters and more phone calls then I can remember, we have got nowhere. I think that if we could get the story your newspaper, not only will it make good reading; it might help us resolve this once and for all.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary