TURBINES: We must stay vigilant despite withdrawal of application
IT was confirmed by Gareth Leigh at the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) that Marshland Wind Farm Limited has withdrawn its application to build 19 wind turbines in Marshland St James, Tilney St Lawrence, Emneth and Outwell, meaning there wi
IT was confirmed by Gareth Leigh at the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) that Marshland Wind Farm Limited has withdrawn its application to build 19 wind turbines in Marshland St James, Tilney St Lawrence, Emneth and Outwell, meaning there will be no public inquiry.
They do, of course, state that they intend to submit a new application later in the year, so we all need to remain vigilant.
With this threat in mind, we will obviously be keeping the FLAT website up and running and sending out e-mails as and when we hear any news.
Please continue visiting the website as well as making sure you are registered to receive the updates - or e-mail email@example.com to be added.
You may also want to watch:
Although things may now go a little quiet, our contact details will remain the same and we urge you to let us know if you see or hear of anything wind turbine related as soon as possible, however insignificant you feel this information is.
This will ensure we nip and future proposals in the bud.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
Whilst we hope that this is an end to the matter, we cannot rest on our laurels, BUT would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.
Without your help we would never have achieved what we have......who would have thought our small villages would have become so well known nationally?!
We hope you'll all be there for us still if we need you later in the year!
Stay vigilant and keep in touch!
THE FLAT COMMITTEE (Fenland Landscapes Against Turbines)