TURBINES: We must stay vigilant despite withdrawal of application
IT was confirmed by Gareth Leigh at the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) that Marshland Wind Farm Limited has withdrawn its application to build 19 wind turbines in Marshland St James, Tilney St Lawrence, Emneth and Outwell, meaning there wi
IT was confirmed by Gareth Leigh at the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) that Marshland Wind Farm Limited has withdrawn its application to build 19 wind turbines in Marshland St James, Tilney St Lawrence, Emneth and Outwell, meaning there will be no public inquiry.
They do, of course, state that they intend to submit a new application later in the year, so we all need to remain vigilant.
With this threat in mind, we will obviously be keeping the FLAT website up and running and sending out e-mails as and when we hear any news.
Please continue visiting the website as well as making sure you are registered to receive the updates - or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
Although things may now go a little quiet, our contact details will remain the same and we urge you to let us know if you see or hear of anything wind turbine related as soon as possible, however insignificant you feel this information is.
This will ensure we nip and future proposals in the bud.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 5 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 6 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 10 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
Whilst we hope that this is an end to the matter, we cannot rest on our laurels, BUT would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.
Without your help we would never have achieved what we have......who would have thought our small villages would have become so well known nationally?!
We hope you'll all be there for us still if we need you later in the year!
Stay vigilant and keep in touch!
THE FLAT COMMITTEE (Fenland Landscapes Against Turbines)