TRAVELLERS SITES: Pleased to read of council's U-turn - but even more are still needed
I WAS pleased to read your article Bid to Change Site s Status (Wisbech Standard, November 13). It seems the council have decided on a U-Turn from their policies; however I am still interested to know how they plan to make 89 more travellers pitch
I WAS pleased to read your article Bid to Change Site's Status (Wisbech Standard, November 13).
It seems the council have decided on a U-Turn from their policies; however I am still interested to know how they plan to make 89 more travellers pitches by 2011 when they themselves have introduced policies on no caravans on flood risk land.
When will they start to consider that travellers who have bought land with their life's savings, to make homes for themselves and families, need help.
The travelling community is not at blame for doing this and in many cases they have approached the council for help, but instead of help, have been ignored.
You may also want to watch:
Some have spent large amounts of money on employing official barristers and flood risk experts to satisfy Fenland District Council's demands.
Travellers' lifestyles have been challenged, and their rights and caravan-homes put in jeopardy by council policies and by laws on where they can live.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
The government's regional spatial strategy will help the traveller's community.
I have land I am willing to use to help as the local council are aware, but legalising of existing sites will not solve this problem.
Little Acre Caravan Site