Train to help addicts
WOULD you be interested in working with people who have concerns with their drug use? Are you over 18? Would you like to develop your understanding of drug culture in Cambridgeshire? Could you complete our accredited level three training programme? If s
WOULD you be interested in working with people who have concerns with their drug use? Are you over 18? Would you like to develop your understanding of drug culture in Cambridgeshire?
Could you complete our accredited level three training programme? If so, our scheme could be for you.
Addaction is one of Britain's largest substance misuse treatment charities.
We have been delivering services to adults across Cambridgeshire since early 2008. Once again, we're recruiting volunteers in the Fenland area before moving our recruitment to Huntingdon and Cambridgeshire next year.
You may also want to watch:
These volunteers will support our paid staff in assisting our clients.
We're keen to include people who may have been through and successfully completed treatment themselves, or have been affected by someone else's drug use.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
We'd ask you to commit to the two half day training sessions per week, over a three month period as your initial training programme.
This will ensure you have the knowledge and skills you need to work effectively as an Addaction volunteer.
This training is designed to enable you to gain an accredited qualification.
We will then assist you to achieve relevant volunteering experience within our core serviced delivers to put your training into action.
There will also be opportunities for further training.
If this challenge is for you, please contact Addaction Wisbech. Or maybe you would just like to find out more about what Addaction does.
Which ever it is, you can drop into your local Addaction centre to see us at
Closing date for is 12pm Wednesday, September 23.
Former Council Offices,
Telephone 01945 584444 or emailed applications available from email@example.com
Addaction volunteers at work.4141SM99