Those who wanted Option Two for Wisbech market place got what they wished for - pay parking
THE old saying “be careful what you wish for, you may get it” has never been more true.
Those promoting Option Two for Wisbech Market Place are to get what they wished for – pay parking!
It was obvious to any intelligent person that if option two was adopted pay parking would quickly spread to all Fenland District Council car parks.
Businesses throughout Fenland have the vested interests around the market in Wisbech to thank for pay parking in their town. Will the shops throughout Fenland see pay parking as a help to improving their trade? I doubt it.
Add to this the plan to reintroduce through traffic and you have a recipe for disaster.
The reason for not bringing sanity to Wisbech Market Place is unabashed political dogma. What a sad day for our town.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 6 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 7 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder