Those who wanted Option Two for Wisbech market place got what they wished for - pay parking
THE old saying “be careful what you wish for, you may get it” has never been more true.
Those promoting Option Two for Wisbech Market Place are to get what they wished for – pay parking!
It was obvious to any intelligent person that if option two was adopted pay parking would quickly spread to all Fenland District Council car parks.
Businesses throughout Fenland have the vested interests around the market in Wisbech to thank for pay parking in their town. Will the shops throughout Fenland see pay parking as a help to improving their trade? I doubt it.
Add to this the plan to reintroduce through traffic and you have a recipe for disaster.
You may also want to watch:
The reason for not bringing sanity to Wisbech Market Place is unabashed political dogma. What a sad day for our town.
- 1 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested