Those who wanted Option Two for Wisbech market place got what they wished for - pay parking
THE old saying “be careful what you wish for, you may get it” has never been more true.
Those promoting Option Two for Wisbech Market Place are to get what they wished for – pay parking!
It was obvious to any intelligent person that if option two was adopted pay parking would quickly spread to all Fenland District Council car parks.
Businesses throughout Fenland have the vested interests around the market in Wisbech to thank for pay parking in their town. Will the shops throughout Fenland see pay parking as a help to improving their trade? I doubt it.
Add to this the plan to reintroduce through traffic and you have a recipe for disaster.
You may also want to watch:
The reason for not bringing sanity to Wisbech Market Place is unabashed political dogma. What a sad day for our town.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal