THOMAS CLARKSON: Parents have their say on departure of head teacher John Bennett
WE are surprised at the sudden resignation of John Bennett (as head of Thomas Clarkson Community College, Wisbech) and wish him well in his future employment. This group has been receiving numerous calls from parents with regards to: n Future A-Level prov
WE are surprised at the sudden resignation of John Bennett (as head of Thomas Clarkson Community College, Wisbech) and wish him well in his future employment.
This group has been receiving numerous calls from parents with regards to:
n Future A-Level provision,
n When and if the school will become a trust, and
You may also want to watch:
n What is the financial situation?
We agree with Gordon Jeyes from the LEA that too little has been done by the governing body to bring the budget in line with income.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
But we would remind Mr Jeyes that the large increase in staff, and therefore costs, took place when the Interim Board was in place.
This board was set up by, and almost all members were appointed by, the LEA - a board which Mr Jeyes was a member of. This board went on to form the majority of the Shadow Board which is still in place.
The parents group would like to have public meeting with the LEA and Shadow Board to discuss the situation. The parents group can be contacted at www.thomasclarksonforum.co.uk.
THE THOMAS CLARKSON PARENTS GROUP