THOMAS CLARKSON: My daughter is performing fantastically at the school
I WRITE in response to Mike Stallard s e-mail headed What s gone wrong in last week s edition in relation to the Thomas Clarkson Community College. My first question to Mr Stallard is has he or has he ever had a child attend this school? I would like to
I WRITE in response to Mike Stallard's e-mail headed "What's gone wrong" in last week's edition in relation to the Thomas Clarkson Community College.
My first question to Mr Stallard is has he or has he ever had a child attend this school? I would like to know where he gets all of his insight and information from.
All schools have their problems, and this school due to its size probably has more than others.
It makes me really cross that it is always the bad press that makes the headlines and never the good. My daughter attends this school and is performing absolutely fantastically.
She, along with others, has been placed in a "gifted and talented group" and is sitting their maths, English and science GCSEs a year early. They will sit the first part of their A-levels in Year 11 and are expected to do very well.
The support and enthusiasm from the teachers, one of which taught my husband some 20 years ago, has been second to none.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
I wanted to put my point forward to all the newcomers starting in September that not all bad comes from this school. It does have its success stories.
I am very proud of my child and am not ashamed to say that she attends this school.
Long may it continue.
A VERY PROUD PARENT