THOMAS CLARKSON: My daughter is performing fantastically at the school
I WRITE in response to Mike Stallard s e-mail headed What s gone wrong in last week s edition in relation to the Thomas Clarkson Community College. My first question to Mr Stallard is has he or has he ever had a child attend this school? I would like to
I WRITE in response to Mike Stallard's e-mail headed "What's gone wrong" in last week's edition in relation to the Thomas Clarkson Community College.
My first question to Mr Stallard is has he or has he ever had a child attend this school? I would like to know where he gets all of his insight and information from.
All schools have their problems, and this school due to its size probably has more than others.
It makes me really cross that it is always the bad press that makes the headlines and never the good. My daughter attends this school and is performing absolutely fantastically.
You may also want to watch:
She, along with others, has been placed in a "gifted and talented group" and is sitting their maths, English and science GCSEs a year early. They will sit the first part of their A-levels in Year 11 and are expected to do very well.
The support and enthusiasm from the teachers, one of which taught my husband some 20 years ago, has been second to none.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
I wanted to put my point forward to all the newcomers starting in September that not all bad comes from this school. It does have its success stories.
I am very proud of my child and am not ashamed to say that she attends this school.
Long may it continue.
A VERY PROUD PARENT