THOMAS CLARKSON: Disappointing that Mike Stallard's letter was so critical
I READ Mr Stallard s letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school has come a long way since it was put in special measures and that it is now under very good leadership. But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself tha
I READ Mr Stallard's letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school "has come a long way since it was put in special measures" and that it is now under very good leadership.
But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself that the school, its students, staff and parents need encouragement from the community, not carping and criticism?
The signs are positive, although it was never going to be a smooth journey. The reports show that when Ofsted visited in October last year they decided that the school had made progress. When they visited in February this year things had improved again.
Students told them that behaviour was better and teaching had improved (including examples of 'outstanding practice'). GCSE results were on the up.
You may also want to watch:
So it is disappointing that Mr Stallard's letter was so critical.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week