THOMAS CLARKSON: Disappointing that Mike Stallard's letter was so critical
I READ Mr Stallard s letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school has come a long way since it was put in special measures and that it is now under very good leadership. But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself tha
I READ Mr Stallard's letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school "has come a long way since it was put in special measures" and that it is now under very good leadership.
But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself that the school, its students, staff and parents need encouragement from the community, not carping and criticism?
The signs are positive, although it was never going to be a smooth journey. The reports show that when Ofsted visited in October last year they decided that the school had made progress. When they visited in February this year things had improved again.
Students told them that behaviour was better and teaching had improved (including examples of 'outstanding practice'). GCSE results were on the up.
You may also want to watch:
So it is disappointing that Mr Stallard's letter was so critical.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend