THOMAS CLARKSON: Disappointing that Mike Stallard's letter was so critical
I READ Mr Stallard s letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school has come a long way since it was put in special measures and that it is now under very good leadership. But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself tha
I READ Mr Stallard's letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school "has come a long way since it was put in special measures" and that it is now under very good leadership.
But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself that the school, its students, staff and parents need encouragement from the community, not carping and criticism?
The signs are positive, although it was never going to be a smooth journey. The reports show that when Ofsted visited in October last year they decided that the school had made progress. When they visited in February this year things had improved again.
Students told them that behaviour was better and teaching had improved (including examples of 'outstanding practice'). GCSE results were on the up.
You may also want to watch:
So it is disappointing that Mr Stallard's letter was so critical.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 5 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour