THOMAS CLARKSON: Disappointing that Mike Stallard's letter was so critical
I READ Mr Stallard s letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school has come a long way since it was put in special measures and that it is now under very good leadership. But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself tha
I READ Mr Stallard's letter about Thomas Clarkson Community College. He is right that the school "has come a long way since it was put in special measures" and that it is now under very good leadership.
But does he not realise as an ex-teacher himself that the school, its students, staff and parents need encouragement from the community, not carping and criticism?
The signs are positive, although it was never going to be a smooth journey. The reports show that when Ofsted visited in October last year they decided that the school had made progress. When they visited in February this year things had improved again.
Students told them that behaviour was better and teaching had improved (including examples of 'outstanding practice'). GCSE results were on the up.
You may also want to watch:
So it is disappointing that Mr Stallard's letter was so critical.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka