Think of all those uncollected fees
AFTER 14 years since the pedestrianisation of the Market Place in Wisbech, the latest news on this subject is the report on pay parking – well, 50 per cent anyway, with the remainder remaining for pedestrians. Just why motorists have been allowed to flout
AFTER 14 years since the pedestrianisation of the Market Place in Wisbech, the latest news on this subject is the report on pay parking - well, 50 per cent anyway, with the remainder remaining for pedestrians.
Just why motorists have been allowed to flout the law over the years and park illegally is something of a mystery.
With many local authorities throughout the land criticised for making a healthy profit from parking revenues, the amount of revenue which could have been realised over the years from these law flouters must be considerable.
But back to the subject. With a proposal for 28 parking bays, which would be available for the general motorist (and relevant delivery vehicles) on just four days a week, the enforcements, the issuing of penalty notices and collection of any fines imposed, seems to be rather elaborate and time-consuming, but presumably
You may also want to watch:
Still it remains to be a 'done deal' and the market square as a pedestrian area, as originally envisaged way back in 1993, may be the more sensible
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
I look forward with interest, to any further reports on the outcome of this subject.