Think about animal welfare
A DARK cloud has been cast over the farming industry this year – bird flu, flooding, foot and mouth and now blue tongue. It s been tough, to say the least, for farmers and animals alike. But if there is one thing it highlights, it s the need for all of us
A DARK cloud has been cast over the farming industry this year - bird flu, flooding, foot and mouth and now blue tongue.
It's been tough, to say the least, for farmers and animals alike.
But if there is one thing it highlights, it's the need for all of us to find out more about the lives of animals that produce our food. A survey by Freedom Food has revealed that 91 per cent of people in the East of England didn't think pigs were intelligent - a shocking result when some tests show they are as smart as dogs.
If we all make an effort to find out more about farm animals and show we care by buying higher welfare products - like Freedom Food - more animals will be reared to higher welfare standards and more farmers will be rewarded for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
So please think animal welfare and visit www.freedomfood.co.uk to find out more about how you can make a difference.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
East Regional Manager