There are solutions to local unemployment
According to the latest news from Westminster, unemployed Britons are to be put at risk of losing benefits if they do not seek work. But where will they find even menial employment when jobs are being taken by migrant workers who are paid below the legal
According to the latest news from Westminster, unemployed Britons are to be put at risk of losing benefits if they do not seek work. But where will they find even menial employment when jobs are being taken by migrant workers who are paid below the legal minimum wage?
Migration Watch UK explains that the migrant workers faced with low wages in their own country will come to Britain to find work which, even at the lowest rate paid by British employers, is four to five times what they can earn in their own country.
But what has this got to do with workers in Fenland?
Just about everything, according to Malcolm Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, who, in a blatant attempt to steal UKIP's high ground, recently asked: "Where have all the jobs gone (in the food processing industry)?" Any unemployed British worker could tell him the answer.
You may also want to watch:
There are three solutions to the national and local unemployment problem:
1 Make it illegal for employers to exploit workers by paying low wages;
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
2 Take back control of our national borders;
3 Britain should leave the EU.
CLLR LLOYD FORSTER
United Kingdom Independence Party, Fenland Branch