There are solutions to local unemployment
According to the latest news from Westminster, unemployed Britons are to be put at risk of losing benefits if they do not seek work. But where will they find even menial employment when jobs are being taken by migrant workers who are paid below the legal
According to the latest news from Westminster, unemployed Britons are to be put at risk of losing benefits if they do not seek work. But where will they find even menial employment when jobs are being taken by migrant workers who are paid below the legal minimum wage?
Migration Watch UK explains that the migrant workers faced with low wages in their own country will come to Britain to find work which, even at the lowest rate paid by British employers, is four to five times what they can earn in their own country.
But what has this got to do with workers in Fenland?
Just about everything, according to Malcolm Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, who, in a blatant attempt to steal UKIP's high ground, recently asked: "Where have all the jobs gone (in the food processing industry)?" Any unemployed British worker could tell him the answer.
You may also want to watch:
There are three solutions to the national and local unemployment problem:
1 Make it illegal for employers to exploit workers by paying low wages;
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 5 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 6 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 7 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
2 Take back control of our national borders;
3 Britain should leave the EU.
CLLR LLOYD FORSTER
United Kingdom Independence Party, Fenland Branch