The sad demise of the pavilion
HOW sad to read of the proposed demise of Wisbech Pavilion and even sadder to read why. I suppose that I am one of the letter writers who would be criticised and told to be keep her sticky beak out. But in a town that is setting so much store by the regen
HOW sad to read of the proposed demise of Wisbech Pavilion and even sadder to read why. I suppose that I am one of the letter writers who would be criticised and told to be keep her sticky beak out.
But in a town that is setting so much store by the regeneration of the port, a pavilion is small fry in the general scheme of things. Is the pavilion a listed building? Can it be demolished?
Vandalism is a fact of life in our town but is it the right way to go to remove said target just to give senseless yobs one area less to wreck?
The invisible man is not the person vandalising the pavilion. Who is it who is asking councillors to raise no objection to demolition, FDC, the police, who?
You may also want to watch:
The police also seem to have a negative attitude towards the vandalism in the park. Law and order seems to be a thing of the past.
SUSANNAH DUFF (Mrs
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
PLEASE don't destroy Wisbech Pavilion, a vital piece of history.
It is a wonderful building or could be after renovation. Buildings like these need to be kept to preserve the true Britishness of the park area.
Look what was destroyed to build the Horsefair complex, many years ago? These buildings and passages can never be re-built.