THE GOVERNMENT: 'Infatuation with targets'
THE Government s infatuation for targets is well known – from proposed eco-towns, to the multitude of wind turbines planned for the coastline. But are these targets feasible or capable of providing what Government states as necessary for the future econom
THE Government's infatuation for targets is well known - from proposed eco-towns, to the multitude of wind turbines planned for the coastline.
But are these targets feasible or capable of providing what Government states as necessary for the future economy of the nation?
Eco-towns require infrastructure and could be detrimental to the rural community, and wind turbines are contentious to say the least - providing 20 per cent of the nation's power by 2020 by renewable sources is a very ambitious target.
Plans like these may sound a good idea, but may eventually not achieve the desired result.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen