THE GOVERNMENT: 'Infatuation with targets'
THE Government s infatuation for targets is well known – from proposed eco-towns, to the multitude of wind turbines planned for the coastline. But are these targets feasible or capable of providing what Government states as necessary for the future econom
THE Government's infatuation for targets is well known - from proposed eco-towns, to the multitude of wind turbines planned for the coastline.
But are these targets feasible or capable of providing what Government states as necessary for the future economy of the nation?
Eco-towns require infrastructure and could be detrimental to the rural community, and wind turbines are contentious to say the least - providing 20 per cent of the nation's power by 2020 by renewable sources is a very ambitious target.
Plans like these may sound a good idea, but may eventually not achieve the desired result.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?