The continous whoosh...
I REFER to recent letters from those saying they have no idea what all the fuss is about regarding the proposed wind turbine at Foundry Way, March, and that the Longhill Turbine does not make any noise. I am one of the residents who live close to the Lo
I REFER to recent letters from those saying they have no idea what all the fuss is about regarding the proposed wind turbine at Foundry Way, March, and that the Longhill Turbine does not make any noise.
I am one of the residents who live close to the Longhill turbine, and it enrages me that these people can be so ignorant. If the wind is blowing near gale force we cannot hear any noise but we hear a continuous whoosh as the blades rotate.
Our property also suffers from shadow flicker twice a year from that turbine so it is very intrusive to our lives.
I can only assume these people who say they are not affected by noise live south of the turbine, and as the wind is generally blowing from that direction then no they would not get affected as we do. Therefore they must understand those of us that are badly affected are entitled to object very loudly, as I'm sure they would if they were affected as some residents are with noise 24 hours a day and shadow flicker, they too would be objecting!
You may also want to watch:
If the other proposed turbine is successful I partly hope that these people will endure the same aggravation so maybe next time they will understand what we mean.
F HIGHAM (Mrs)
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary