The continous whoosh...
I REFER to recent letters from those saying they have no idea what all the fuss is about regarding the proposed wind turbine at Foundry Way, March, and that the Longhill Turbine does not make any noise. I am one of the residents who live close to the Lo
I REFER to recent letters from those saying they have no idea what all the fuss is about regarding the proposed wind turbine at Foundry Way, March, and that the Longhill Turbine does not make any noise.
I am one of the residents who live close to the Longhill turbine, and it enrages me that these people can be so ignorant. If the wind is blowing near gale force we cannot hear any noise but we hear a continuous whoosh as the blades rotate.
Our property also suffers from shadow flicker twice a year from that turbine so it is very intrusive to our lives.
I can only assume these people who say they are not affected by noise live south of the turbine, and as the wind is generally blowing from that direction then no they would not get affected as we do. Therefore they must understand those of us that are badly affected are entitled to object very loudly, as I'm sure they would if they were affected as some residents are with noise 24 hours a day and shadow flicker, they too would be objecting!
You may also want to watch:
If the other proposed turbine is successful I partly hope that these people will endure the same aggravation so maybe next time they will understand what we mean.
F HIGHAM (Mrs)
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week