The continous whoosh...
I REFER to recent letters from those saying they have no idea what all the fuss is about regarding the proposed wind turbine at Foundry Way, March, and that the Longhill Turbine does not make any noise. I am one of the residents who live close to the Lo
I REFER to recent letters from those saying they have no idea what all the fuss is about regarding the proposed wind turbine at Foundry Way, March, and that the Longhill Turbine does not make any noise.
I am one of the residents who live close to the Longhill turbine, and it enrages me that these people can be so ignorant. If the wind is blowing near gale force we cannot hear any noise but we hear a continuous whoosh as the blades rotate.
Our property also suffers from shadow flicker twice a year from that turbine so it is very intrusive to our lives.
I can only assume these people who say they are not affected by noise live south of the turbine, and as the wind is generally blowing from that direction then no they would not get affected as we do. Therefore they must understand those of us that are badly affected are entitled to object very loudly, as I'm sure they would if they were affected as some residents are with noise 24 hours a day and shadow flicker, they too would be objecting!
You may also want to watch:
If the other proposed turbine is successful I partly hope that these people will endure the same aggravation so maybe next time they will understand what we mean.
F HIGHAM (Mrs)
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films