SWINE FLU: Usual ills greater than new flu
I HAVE to say that we are perhaps overlooking the plain fact that far more people will die in the next seven days from alcohol, smoking, cancer and drug abuse that are ever likely to succumb to the worst case scenarios resulting from Swine Flu. It does no
I HAVE to say that we are perhaps overlooking the plain fact that far more people will die in the next seven days from alcohol, smoking, cancer and drug abuse that are ever likely to succumb to the worst case scenarios resulting from Swine Flu.
It does not matter how many masks are purchased or pills are swallowed the fact is that some people will become sick as a result of this latest strain of the virus.
It is true of all strains of influenza. It always has been and always will be the case no matter what is put into action to stop it.
What we can all be certain of is that a lot of people will be making political capital out of Swine Flu and a few more within the pharmaceuticals business will be set to make a small fortune from frightening the wits out of us all by insisting that we swallow pills, take injections and don useless face masks which offer about the same protection as a balaclava in a boxing ring.
You may also want to watch:
My own view is that Swine Flu can be comfortably placed alongside Yellow River Dengue, Puff Mushroom Pox and Green Parrot Disease. A cynic might say that blowing this current bout of flu out of all sense of proportion is more to do with taking our minds off the real and diabolical problems the country faces in the run up to the local, European and national elections.
CLLR DAVID MARKINSON
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
Member for Marshland St James & Walsoken
Borough Council King's Lynn & West Norfolk