SWINE FLU: Usual ills greater than new flu
I HAVE to say that we are perhaps overlooking the plain fact that far more people will die in the next seven days from alcohol, smoking, cancer and drug abuse that are ever likely to succumb to the worst case scenarios resulting from Swine Flu. It does no
I HAVE to say that we are perhaps overlooking the plain fact that far more people will die in the next seven days from alcohol, smoking, cancer and drug abuse that are ever likely to succumb to the worst case scenarios resulting from Swine Flu.
It does not matter how many masks are purchased or pills are swallowed the fact is that some people will become sick as a result of this latest strain of the virus.
It is true of all strains of influenza. It always has been and always will be the case no matter what is put into action to stop it.
What we can all be certain of is that a lot of people will be making political capital out of Swine Flu and a few more within the pharmaceuticals business will be set to make a small fortune from frightening the wits out of us all by insisting that we swallow pills, take injections and don useless face masks which offer about the same protection as a balaclava in a boxing ring.
You may also want to watch:
My own view is that Swine Flu can be comfortably placed alongside Yellow River Dengue, Puff Mushroom Pox and Green Parrot Disease. A cynic might say that blowing this current bout of flu out of all sense of proportion is more to do with taking our minds off the real and diabolical problems the country faces in the run up to the local, European and national elections.
CLLR DAVID MARKINSON
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Member for Marshland St James & Walsoken
Borough Council King's Lynn & West Norfolk