SUTTON BRIDGE: Please curb speeding along my street, after my cat was run over
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist. I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist. This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist.
I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist.
This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a year old, Harley was three.
It's not the fact that my cat was killed, as they don't have any road sense and accidents happen, it's the fact that this rider was doing well over the speed limit.
I can't understand why they speed though the village when there is a bypass where they can do up to 60mph.
A few years ago they put traffic islands though Sutton Bridge to slow the speeders down, this hasn't happened.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 Cops catch out suspected drug driver who faked identity
When is this going to stop? It's only a matter of time before a child or an elderly person is killed.
I think the money used to pay for these traffic islands could have been put to better use such as paying for a PCSO or a speed camera.