SUTTON BRIDGE: Please curb speeding along my street, after my cat was run over
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist. I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist. This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist.
I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist.
This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a year old, Harley was three.
It's not the fact that my cat was killed, as they don't have any road sense and accidents happen, it's the fact that this rider was doing well over the speed limit.
You may also want to watch:
I can't understand why they speed though the village when there is a bypass where they can do up to 60mph.
A few years ago they put traffic islands though Sutton Bridge to slow the speeders down, this hasn't happened.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 5 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 6 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 7 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Late antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
When is this going to stop? It's only a matter of time before a child or an elderly person is killed.
I think the money used to pay for these traffic islands could have been put to better use such as paying for a PCSO or a speed camera.