SUTTON BRIDGE: Please curb speeding along my street, after my cat was run over
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist. I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist. This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist.
I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist.
This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a year old, Harley was three.
It's not the fact that my cat was killed, as they don't have any road sense and accidents happen, it's the fact that this rider was doing well over the speed limit.
You may also want to watch:
I can't understand why they speed though the village when there is a bypass where they can do up to 60mph.
A few years ago they put traffic islands though Sutton Bridge to slow the speeders down, this hasn't happened.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 5 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
When is this going to stop? It's only a matter of time before a child or an elderly person is killed.
I think the money used to pay for these traffic islands could have been put to better use such as paying for a PCSO or a speed camera.