SUTTON BRIDGE: Please curb speeding along my street, after my cat was run over
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist. I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist. This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a
I HAVE to get on my soap box about speeding motorist.
I live in Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge. On Sunday July 12, my cat Harley was run over by a speeding motorcyclist.
This is the second cat that we have lost in two years, the first one Scuttle, was only a year old, Harley was three.
It's not the fact that my cat was killed, as they don't have any road sense and accidents happen, it's the fact that this rider was doing well over the speed limit.
You may also want to watch:
I can't understand why they speed though the village when there is a bypass where they can do up to 60mph.
A few years ago they put traffic islands though Sutton Bridge to slow the speeders down, this hasn't happened.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
When is this going to stop? It's only a matter of time before a child or an elderly person is killed.
I think the money used to pay for these traffic islands could have been put to better use such as paying for a PCSO or a speed camera.