Supposed to be a democracy
I WAS appalled to read that Fenland District Council is putting pressure on West Norfolk Council to pass plans for the football stadium on Lynn Road, before the development of Fenland Park housing can begin. When I first knew of plans for a stadium on Lyn
I WAS appalled to read that Fenland District Council is putting pressure on West Norfolk Council to pass plans for the football stadium on Lynn Road, before the development of Fenland Park housing can begin.
When I first knew of plans for a stadium on Lynn Road I contacted Fenland Council and was told that the proposed site was in Norfolk, and Fenland Council had no jurisdiction in Norfolk. What has changed since then?
As Fenland Council is so keen to get the development started in Fenland Park, perhaps it should be helping the business people involved with the Wisbech Football Club to find a suitable site for its re-location. Lynn Road is not such a site.
I would like to remind Fenland Council that we are supposed to live in a democracy. It seems to me to be more of an autocracy. As I indirectly pay civil servants, through rates and taxes, I would like to have a say in what happens near my home.
You may also want to watch:
MRS E HOWLETT
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors