STAGECOACH: Thanks for new timetables
THIS letter is to thank Stagecoach for their new timetables which come into force on August 24. It has been long acknowledged by those of us who use public transport to get to work at RAF Wyton, that Stagecoach has a pathological hatred of having to stop
THIS letter is to thank Stagecoach for their new timetables which come into force on August 24.
It has been long acknowledged by those of us who use public transport to get to work at RAF Wyton, that Stagecoach has a pathological hatred of having to stop at RAF Wyton on its way to and from Chatteris/Huntingdon, and that it would be much easier for them if everybody lived in either Warboys or Ramsey, but definitely NOT Chatteris.
This is proven by the dogs dinner they have come up with for the new services, as they have ensured that the journey to RAF Wyton from Chatteris and back is even more complicated and will take longer as well.
And, if you happen to finish at 15.00, tough - as you now have to stay at work until at least 17.37, whilst at the moment it is possible to get the 332 service at 15.23 and be in Chatteris at about 16.00. After August 24 this particular service is no longer, so thanks for nothing Stagecoach, thanks for making the working day even longer.
You may also want to watch:
Not only that, there are now to be only two direct Chatteris to RAF Wyton journeys a day, as opposed to every two hours - whoopee!
This is confirmation that, as far as Stagecoach is concerned, Chatteris is a place that they really do not want to serve, and the sooner they can be rid of the route altogether the better.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
It seems as if Chatteris is the equivalent to the mad uncle no-one wants to visit, but Ramsey is a favourite aunt, and everyone wants to visit her.
Stagecoach's timetable changes come under fire. 0731SM88