STAGECOACH: Thanks for new timetables
THIS letter is to thank Stagecoach for their new timetables which come into force on August 24. It has been long acknowledged by those of us who use public transport to get to work at RAF Wyton, that Stagecoach has a pathological hatred of having to stop
THIS letter is to thank Stagecoach for their new timetables which come into force on August 24.
It has been long acknowledged by those of us who use public transport to get to work at RAF Wyton, that Stagecoach has a pathological hatred of having to stop at RAF Wyton on its way to and from Chatteris/Huntingdon, and that it would be much easier for them if everybody lived in either Warboys or Ramsey, but definitely NOT Chatteris.
This is proven by the dogs dinner they have come up with for the new services, as they have ensured that the journey to RAF Wyton from Chatteris and back is even more complicated and will take longer as well.
And, if you happen to finish at 15.00, tough - as you now have to stay at work until at least 17.37, whilst at the moment it is possible to get the 332 service at 15.23 and be in Chatteris at about 16.00. After August 24 this particular service is no longer, so thanks for nothing Stagecoach, thanks for making the working day even longer.
You may also want to watch:
Not only that, there are now to be only two direct Chatteris to RAF Wyton journeys a day, as opposed to every two hours - whoopee!
This is confirmation that, as far as Stagecoach is concerned, Chatteris is a place that they really do not want to serve, and the sooner they can be rid of the route altogether the better.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
It seems as if Chatteris is the equivalent to the mad uncle no-one wants to visit, but Ramsey is a favourite aunt, and everyone wants to visit her.
Stagecoach's timetable changes come under fire. 0731SM88