STAGECOACH: Thanks for new timetables
THIS letter is to thank Stagecoach for their new timetables which come into force on August 24. It has been long acknowledged by those of us who use public transport to get to work at RAF Wyton, that Stagecoach has a pathological hatred of having to stop
THIS letter is to thank Stagecoach for their new timetables which come into force on August 24.
It has been long acknowledged by those of us who use public transport to get to work at RAF Wyton, that Stagecoach has a pathological hatred of having to stop at RAF Wyton on its way to and from Chatteris/Huntingdon, and that it would be much easier for them if everybody lived in either Warboys or Ramsey, but definitely NOT Chatteris.
This is proven by the dogs dinner they have come up with for the new services, as they have ensured that the journey to RAF Wyton from Chatteris and back is even more complicated and will take longer as well.
And, if you happen to finish at 15.00, tough - as you now have to stay at work until at least 17.37, whilst at the moment it is possible to get the 332 service at 15.23 and be in Chatteris at about 16.00. After August 24 this particular service is no longer, so thanks for nothing Stagecoach, thanks for making the working day even longer.
You may also want to watch:
Not only that, there are now to be only two direct Chatteris to RAF Wyton journeys a day, as opposed to every two hours - whoopee!
This is confirmation that, as far as Stagecoach is concerned, Chatteris is a place that they really do not want to serve, and the sooner they can be rid of the route altogether the better.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
It seems as if Chatteris is the equivalent to the mad uncle no-one wants to visit, but Ramsey is a favourite aunt, and everyone wants to visit her.
Stagecoach's timetable changes come under fire. 0731SM88