Sorry for having to cancel the Battle of Britain Day.
WE would like to apologise to everyone involved in setting up the Upwell Battle of Britain Day and anyone that was hoping to attend the event that had to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. Special apologies go to all the officers and pe
WE would like to apologise to everyone involved in setting up the Upwell Battle of Britain Day and anyone that was hoping to attend the event that had to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.
Special apologies go to all the officers and personnel of those RAF units who had assisted with the planning and who were attempting to make this day such a special memorial occasion, and in honour of "The Few".
It has always been Heart & Vision's intention to stay out of politics and concentrate on providing really good entertainment to support the very vital needs of local charities.
As with all our events, a lot of time and effort goes into planning with the objective of making sure that everyone's safety is paramount. Following our normal procedures, detailed plans of the Green at Upwell had been drawn up down to the access roads to be kept clear and fire emergency points. We are now of the understanding that access was not the issue.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to thank all the people of Upwell, Outwell and surrounding villages that phoned us to support our efforts because they understand what we are trying to achieve for our community.
As a joint committee in the process for planning events for 2009, and in light of the unnecessary considerable personal stress placed on all our organisers and volunteers (the majority of whom are disabled with their carers), we will have to ensure that promises given in the future, whether they be verbal or written, will need to be carefully scrutinised.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Heart & Vision