Sorry for having to cancel the Battle of Britain Day.
WE would like to apologise to everyone involved in setting up the Upwell Battle of Britain Day and anyone that was hoping to attend the event that had to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. Special apologies go to all the officers and pe
WE would like to apologise to everyone involved in setting up the Upwell Battle of Britain Day and anyone that was hoping to attend the event that had to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control.
Special apologies go to all the officers and personnel of those RAF units who had assisted with the planning and who were attempting to make this day such a special memorial occasion, and in honour of "The Few".
It has always been Heart & Vision's intention to stay out of politics and concentrate on providing really good entertainment to support the very vital needs of local charities.
As with all our events, a lot of time and effort goes into planning with the objective of making sure that everyone's safety is paramount. Following our normal procedures, detailed plans of the Green at Upwell had been drawn up down to the access roads to be kept clear and fire emergency points. We are now of the understanding that access was not the issue.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to thank all the people of Upwell, Outwell and surrounding villages that phoned us to support our efforts because they understand what we are trying to achieve for our community.
As a joint committee in the process for planning events for 2009, and in light of the unnecessary considerable personal stress placed on all our organisers and volunteers (the majority of whom are disabled with their carers), we will have to ensure that promises given in the future, whether they be verbal or written, will need to be carefully scrutinised.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
Heart & Vision