...so better check the low cost’ facts
I WAS astonished and dismayed to again read that Peter Humphreys, acting as agent for Churchfield Developments, should once more make such bland comments regarding the Park Homes Residential Estates in Osborne Road. I and others take extreme insult to the
I WAS astonished and dismayed to again read that Peter Humphreys, acting as agent for Churchfield Developments, should once more make such bland comments regarding the Park Homes Residential Estates in Osborne Road.
I and others take extreme insult to the remarks that the homes are 'low cost'.
He is very misinformed and has surely not made full investigation as to the finances involved when purchasing and residing in such comfortable homes.
This involving not only initial cost and installation of the home (within a similar price range to a brick-built property), electricity, gas and water costs, as in any other residence, but an added very substantial pitch fee running into four figures every year. Of course, Council Tax also applies.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Mr Humphreys should take time and effort to visit Osborne Park and Fenland Village Residential Estates to educate himself. I am sure he will see that the residents take pride in their homes and gardens to be able to live in a quiet and peaceful environment, not at all 'low cost' in any way.
I may even offer him a cup of tea.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
MRS P SAWYER
I AM surprised Churchfield Developments should employ an agent, Peter Humphreys, who has such outdated views as to call Park Homes 'low cost housing' and would suggest that before he makes any more derogatory remarks he checks the facts.
Most Park Homes cost as much, if not more, that many of the homes in this area, but are much better equipped and in most cases the owners had a say in the internal layout.
If Fenland District Council does allow this application to go ahead maybe it will put in a proviso for the builders to improve Osborne Road surface and ensure those of us who live here that it will not allow these dwellings to become slums, bearing in mind that they will be in the middle of an industrial estate.
J G FALCO