SLOW DOWN DON'T DROWN CAMPAIGN: It's slow ridiculous!
I READ with a mixture of sadness and anger your front page article this week about slowing down . There are two speed limit signs on that road, they both say 50mph. This is the limit set by the Highways Department and Government, and backed up by the po
I READ with a mixture of sadness and anger your front page article this week about 'slowing down'.
There are two speed limit signs on that road, they both say 50mph.
This is the limit set by the Highways Department and Government, and backed up by the police force. So, when you say 'slow down', do you mean we should ignore the legal limit and slow down FROM 50mph?
Or are you suggesting we slow down to 50mph? In that case, shouldn't the campaign be headed 'Obey the speed limit'?
You may also want to watch:
And the dawdlers that insist on travelling at 35mph on a 50mph road regardless of the queues behind? Shouldn't they be speeding up?
No doubt because of this letter I will be thought of as a reckless speeder. On the contrary, I have been driving for 39 years, and I have never even seen a speeding ticket.
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Meet the young carers whose work hasn’t stopped for Covid-19
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Media 'mischief making' over council investments
- 7 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
- 8 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 9 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 10 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
I will NOT pledge to slow down, but you can have my pledge to drive carefully and considerately if you want it, which is a much better option in my opinion.