Shooting is unwelcome
IT S that time of the year again when our countryside is overrun by make-believe toy soldiers and their guns. As many readers will know I have written on this subject before. I am a farmer, but totally against field sports, as are many farmers and people
IT'S that time of the year again when our countryside is overrun by make-believe toy soldiers and their guns.
As many readers will know I have written on this subject before. I am a farmer, but totally against field sports, as are many farmers and people involved in my industry.
As time passes it seems a culture of 'them and us' is establishing itself in the countryside.
I look after and feed wildlife 24/7, this including pheasants, to the extent that I have feeders filled to the brim with corn in my garden and around the farm yard - only to see the parasitic gunmen beating along the roadsides just to get the last remaining pheasants out to blow their brains out. This all takes place only eight metres from my garden.
It is possible to obtain Asbos against shoots, but I would hope farmers and land owners would think a little about their neighbours and not allow beating and shooting to take place so close to boundaries and other people's properties.
In an ideal world, I would like to see shooting banned, but until then, can we see a little respect for the other occupants of the countryside who do not take part in this cruel sport?
- 1 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
- 8 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 9 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 10 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
Any views from any one? I would like to hear from you. Write or e-mail me at email@example.com
Harps Hall Road