Shooting is unwelcome
IT S that time of the year again when our countryside is overrun by make-believe toy soldiers and their guns. As many readers will know I have written on this subject before. I am a farmer, but totally against field sports, as are many farmers and people
IT'S that time of the year again when our countryside is overrun by make-believe toy soldiers and their guns.
As many readers will know I have written on this subject before. I am a farmer, but totally against field sports, as are many farmers and people involved in my industry.
As time passes it seems a culture of 'them and us' is establishing itself in the countryside.
I look after and feed wildlife 24/7, this including pheasants, to the extent that I have feeders filled to the brim with corn in my garden and around the farm yard - only to see the parasitic gunmen beating along the roadsides just to get the last remaining pheasants out to blow their brains out. This all takes place only eight metres from my garden.
You may also want to watch:
It is possible to obtain Asbos against shoots, but I would hope farmers and land owners would think a little about their neighbours and not allow beating and shooting to take place so close to boundaries and other people's properties.
In an ideal world, I would like to see shooting banned, but until then, can we see a little respect for the other occupants of the countryside who do not take part in this cruel sport?
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
Any views from any one? I would like to hear from you. Write or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Harps Hall Road