Shooting is unwelcome
IT S that time of the year again when our countryside is overrun by make-believe toy soldiers and their guns. As many readers will know I have written on this subject before. I am a farmer, but totally against field sports, as are many farmers and people
IT'S that time of the year again when our countryside is overrun by make-believe toy soldiers and their guns.
As many readers will know I have written on this subject before. I am a farmer, but totally against field sports, as are many farmers and people involved in my industry.
As time passes it seems a culture of 'them and us' is establishing itself in the countryside.
I look after and feed wildlife 24/7, this including pheasants, to the extent that I have feeders filled to the brim with corn in my garden and around the farm yard - only to see the parasitic gunmen beating along the roadsides just to get the last remaining pheasants out to blow their brains out. This all takes place only eight metres from my garden.
You may also want to watch:
It is possible to obtain Asbos against shoots, but I would hope farmers and land owners would think a little about their neighbours and not allow beating and shooting to take place so close to boundaries and other people's properties.
In an ideal world, I would like to see shooting banned, but until then, can we see a little respect for the other occupants of the countryside who do not take part in this cruel sport?
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography
Any views from any one? I would like to hear from you. Write or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Harps Hall Road