Save town pavilion
I WRITE to support the views of those who want to save Wisbech Pavilion. It would be sad to lose yet another piece of Wisbech history, particularly when the building itself is still solid. The real problem here is that the pavilion is not being brought ba
I WRITE to support the views of those who want to save Wisbech Pavilion.
It would be sad to lose yet another piece of Wisbech history, particularly when the building itself is still solid.
The real problem here is that the pavilion is not being brought back into use.
Eight years ago when I was on the town council, I suggested that Fenland District Council open it up and sell refreshments in the summer especially when there are concerts on in the park. Someone could have been employed part-time and sales would have brought money into the council.
You may also want to watch:
All of this was ignored by the Tory majority at the time and so it has been left to become neglected. If we lose this what will replace it?
Wisbech has already had too many things taken away and this will be yet another asset lost. Councillors should listen to local people before making a decision and should fight to protect it before it is too late.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 7 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
St Martins Road