Save town pavilion
I WRITE to support the views of those who want to save Wisbech Pavilion. It would be sad to lose yet another piece of Wisbech history, particularly when the building itself is still solid. The real problem here is that the pavilion is not being brought ba
I WRITE to support the views of those who want to save Wisbech Pavilion.
It would be sad to lose yet another piece of Wisbech history, particularly when the building itself is still solid.
The real problem here is that the pavilion is not being brought back into use.
Eight years ago when I was on the town council, I suggested that Fenland District Council open it up and sell refreshments in the summer especially when there are concerts on in the park. Someone could have been employed part-time and sales would have brought money into the council.
You may also want to watch:
All of this was ignored by the Tory majority at the time and so it has been left to become neglected. If we lose this what will replace it?
Wisbech has already had too many things taken away and this will be yet another asset lost. Councillors should listen to local people before making a decision and should fight to protect it before it is too late.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
St Martins Road