Save town pavilion
I WRITE to support the views of those who want to save Wisbech Pavilion. It would be sad to lose yet another piece of Wisbech history, particularly when the building itself is still solid. The real problem here is that the pavilion is not being brought ba
I WRITE to support the views of those who want to save Wisbech Pavilion.
It would be sad to lose yet another piece of Wisbech history, particularly when the building itself is still solid.
The real problem here is that the pavilion is not being brought back into use.
Eight years ago when I was on the town council, I suggested that Fenland District Council open it up and sell refreshments in the summer especially when there are concerts on in the park. Someone could have been employed part-time and sales would have brought money into the council.
All of this was ignored by the Tory majority at the time and so it has been left to become neglected. If we lose this what will replace it?
Wisbech has already had too many things taken away and this will be yet another asset lost. Councillors should listen to local people before making a decision and should fight to protect it before it is too late.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
St Martins Road