RUBBISH: Bins need to be emptied
THE recent non-collection of rubbish from our road of the blue wheelie bins has shown the thoughtlessness of our local council.If you ring the council (as one of our neighbours did) I understand that you will be told that they will be emptied in anoth
THE recent non-collection of rubbish from our road of the blue wheelie bins has shown the thoughtlessness of our local council.
If you ring the council (as one of our neighbours did) I understand that you will be told that they will be emptied in another TWO weeks' time - but if you care to call at the local council offices you will be issued with sacks in which to dispose of your rubbish during these two weeks' of waiting.
All very acceptable for those who can manage to do this, but those without cars cannot collect these sacks.
Just a question as the local council have let us ALL down, why can they not come round and issue these sacks - many are old, infirm, and sick and disabled in this area - why don't they help us?
You may also want to watch:
Under normal circumstances, I thought that sacks were not acceptable - until it suits the council's convenience, of course!
PAT and BILL
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’