RUBBISH: Bins need to be emptied
THE recent non-collection of rubbish from our road of the blue wheelie bins has shown the thoughtlessness of our local council.If you ring the council (as one of our neighbours did) I understand that you will be told that they will be emptied in anoth
THE recent non-collection of rubbish from our road of the blue wheelie bins has shown the thoughtlessness of our local council.
If you ring the council (as one of our neighbours did) I understand that you will be told that they will be emptied in another TWO weeks' time - but if you care to call at the local council offices you will be issued with sacks in which to dispose of your rubbish during these two weeks' of waiting.
All very acceptable for those who can manage to do this, but those without cars cannot collect these sacks.
Just a question as the local council have let us ALL down, why can they not come round and issue these sacks - many are old, infirm, and sick and disabled in this area - why don't they help us?
You may also want to watch:
Under normal circumstances, I thought that sacks were not acceptable - until it suits the council's convenience, of course!
PAT and BILL
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter