ROSE FAIR 2009: Green fingers get dirty at Peckover House in preparation for big event
GREEN fingers have been getting dirty at Peckover House and Gardens in preparation for the forthcoming Wisbech Rose Fair. As Wisbech prepares for one of the finest flower festivals, the gardens at the National Trust s Peckover House are being pruned and p
GREEN fingers have been getting dirty at Peckover House and Gardens in preparation for the forthcoming Wisbech Rose Fair.
As Wisbech prepares for one of the finest flower festivals, the gardens at the National Trust's Peckover House are being pruned and plucked, ready for visitors to enjoy.
Home to over 60 species of rose, the gardens at Peckover have been lovingly cared for and recreated over the years.
One of the most famous parts of the garden, Alexa's Rose Garden, was recreated from a selection of old photographs, thanks to funding from the National Garden Scheme. The rose garden was named after Alexandrina Peckover who left Peckover House to the National Trust 51 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Peckover House and its beautiful garden will be open for Wisbech Rose Fair on Wednesday July 1 to Saturday July 4, from 12 noon to 5pm (last admission 4pm).
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed