ROSE FAIR 2009: Green fingers get dirty at Peckover House in preparation for big event
GREEN fingers have been getting dirty at Peckover House and Gardens in preparation for the forthcoming Wisbech Rose Fair. As Wisbech prepares for one of the finest flower festivals, the gardens at the National Trust s Peckover House are being pruned and p
GREEN fingers have been getting dirty at Peckover House and Gardens in preparation for the forthcoming Wisbech Rose Fair.
As Wisbech prepares for one of the finest flower festivals, the gardens at the National Trust's Peckover House are being pruned and plucked, ready for visitors to enjoy.
Home to over 60 species of rose, the gardens at Peckover have been lovingly cared for and recreated over the years.
One of the most famous parts of the garden, Alexa's Rose Garden, was recreated from a selection of old photographs, thanks to funding from the National Garden Scheme. The rose garden was named after Alexandrina Peckover who left Peckover House to the National Trust 51 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Peckover House and its beautiful garden will be open for Wisbech Rose Fair on Wednesday July 1 to Saturday July 4, from 12 noon to 5pm (last admission 4pm).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late