ROAD SAFETY CAMPAIGN: New Facebook site attracts 81 new members
THE Fenland Road Safety Campaign s recently-launched Facebook site attracted 81 new members over the Bank Holiday weekend. Giving details of the campaign s latest news and coming events, it s proving a great way to share information and for people from ne
THE Fenland Road Safety Campaign's recently-launched Facebook site attracted 81 new members over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Giving details of the campaign's latest news and coming events, it's proving a great way to share information and for people from near and far to register their support for the campaign's efforts to improve local road safety, especially on the notorious Fen river roads.
The campaign is currently promoting an online petition to the Prime Minister, supporting the installation of barriers on the North Bank, Forty Foot and Sixteen Foot Bank roads. The Facebook site contains an easy link to the Petition.
Just 200 signatures are needed by next Thursday to oblige the PM's Office to respond, but the greater the number, the stronger the message will be, so do sign up if you wish to show your support.
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Road Safety Campaign
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award