I LIKE Rabbit Roundabout . It s nice to see countryside creatures in our urban Wisbech. We just need cut-outs of La La and Tinky Winky and it would be like the Tellytubbies home on television. However, the rabbits need to be found a suitable new home fo
I LIKE 'Rabbit Roundabout'. It's nice to see countryside creatures in our urban Wisbech. We just need cut-outs of La La and Tinky Winky and it would be like the Tellytubbies' home on television.
However, the rabbits need to be found a suitable new home for two reasons.
1) The colony is in excess of 50 and it is only matter of time before they start to run the gaunlet to escape, soon we will see videos on Youtube of 'splat roundabout'.
2) The warren must be huge. The ground is soft silt and so close to the River Nene it is only an matter of time before a lorry or school bus ploughs into the ground. Or the police station, Horse Fair or BP garage subsides.
You may also want to watch:
I can see the Sun headline now: 'Two killed as rabbits bring town crashing down'.
The current action of people feeding the rabbits is admirable but misguided. We must call in the RSPCA to rehome.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
The appeal start here. Home wanted for well-loved Wisbech rabbits.