I LIKE Rabbit Roundabout . It s nice to see countryside creatures in our urban Wisbech. We just need cut-outs of La La and Tinky Winky and it would be like the Tellytubbies home on television. However, the rabbits need to be found a suitable new home fo
I LIKE 'Rabbit Roundabout'. It's nice to see countryside creatures in our urban Wisbech. We just need cut-outs of La La and Tinky Winky and it would be like the Tellytubbies' home on television.
However, the rabbits need to be found a suitable new home for two reasons.
1) The colony is in excess of 50 and it is only matter of time before they start to run the gaunlet to escape, soon we will see videos on Youtube of 'splat roundabout'.
2) The warren must be huge. The ground is soft silt and so close to the River Nene it is only an matter of time before a lorry or school bus ploughs into the ground. Or the police station, Horse Fair or BP garage subsides.
I can see the Sun headline now: 'Two killed as rabbits bring town crashing down'.
The current action of people feeding the rabbits is admirable but misguided. We must call in the RSPCA to rehome.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
The appeal start here. Home wanted for well-loved Wisbech rabbits.