I LIKE Rabbit Roundabout . It s nice to see countryside creatures in our urban Wisbech. We just need cut-outs of La La and Tinky Winky and it would be like the Tellytubbies home on television. However, the rabbits need to be found a suitable new home fo
I LIKE 'Rabbit Roundabout'. It's nice to see countryside creatures in our urban Wisbech. We just need cut-outs of La La and Tinky Winky and it would be like the Tellytubbies' home on television.
However, the rabbits need to be found a suitable new home for two reasons.
1) The colony is in excess of 50 and it is only matter of time before they start to run the gaunlet to escape, soon we will see videos on Youtube of 'splat roundabout'.
2) The warren must be huge. The ground is soft silt and so close to the River Nene it is only an matter of time before a lorry or school bus ploughs into the ground. Or the police station, Horse Fair or BP garage subsides.
You may also want to watch:
I can see the Sun headline now: 'Two killed as rabbits bring town crashing down'.
The current action of people feeding the rabbits is admirable but misguided. We must call in the RSPCA to rehome.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
The appeal start here. Home wanted for well-loved Wisbech rabbits.