Putting matters straight
I FEEL I must put a few matters straight with regards to a letter in last week s Standard from Julian Kirk. In the first place Mr Kirk does not seem to be too sure where he lives. He claims to be a resident of Marshland Smeeth and then gives an address i
I FEEL I must put a few matters straight with regards to a letter in last week's Standard from Julian Kirk.
In the first place Mr Kirk does not seem to be too sure where he lives.
He claims to be a resident of Marshland Smeeth and then gives an address in Walton Highway.
Unlike him, I am a resident of Marshland Smeeth and happen to know where he lives. His house is at least two miles from the site of the nearest proposed turbine.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the people protesting live within 50 metres of the site.
He also ought to look at the figures for bird deaths, as it is not long ago he wanted to stop the shooting of pheasants.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
A bird flying through the blades of a turbine has little chance of survival; if the first blade doesn't get it the next one will.
Lastly, if he is so keen to have turbines why does he not apply to put some on his land and make thousands like other farmers hope to.
By the way, he is quite welcome to the 26 proposed for Marshland.
Marshland St James