Pleased to see funds are available to lift Wisbech from ‘deprivation status’
AS a regular business visitor to Wisbech, I was please to read in your online edition of the funds being made available to the town to help lift it from its “deprivation status”.
Could I make a request that a new letter be purchased to replace the broken one in the Rose & Crown signage on the Market Place.
This is always a source of amusement especially when councillors insist on using this sign as a backdrop to their photographs.
I am reminded of the ever changing Fawlty Towers sign, however reading the latest reviews on the Tripadvisor website perhaps its more fitting to leave the sign “as is”.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka