Pleased to see funds are available to lift Wisbech from ‘deprivation status’
AS a regular business visitor to Wisbech, I was please to read in your online edition of the funds being made available to the town to help lift it from its “deprivation status”.
Could I make a request that a new letter be purchased to replace the broken one in the Rose & Crown signage on the Market Place.
This is always a source of amusement especially when councillors insist on using this sign as a backdrop to their photographs.
I am reminded of the ever changing Fawlty Towers sign, however reading the latest reviews on the Tripadvisor website perhaps its more fitting to leave the sign “as is”.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’