PAUL CARPENTER: Comments made on his blog are 'hypocritical'
IT was with great interest that I read the comments made by Paul Carpenter on his blog as reported in Brakespeare s diary last week. I cannot believe the utter hypocrisy of the comment that people should stand up or stand down - to be clear if you are n
IT was with great interest that I read the comments made by Paul Carpenter on his blog as reported in Brakespeare's diary last week.
I cannot believe the utter hypocrisy of the comment that people should "stand up or stand down - to be clear if you are not up to this role then resign now".
Mr Carpenter resigned from the parish council back in April; is he therefore saying he does not consider himself up to the role? Surely he should realise that council meetings can be attended by anyone, so why did he feel the need for the invite and if he was taking his own advice and standing up, why did he leave instead of making his point?
Hopefully he was replaced on the parish council by someone who was more up to the job!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash