Parking bays turned into car sales area
OVER the past year, it has become apparent that the parking bays in front of Wisbech Park (Lynn Road) have now been turned into an unofficial car sales area. Not only have cars been available, there has also been a van and a tipper truck. And to top it al
OVER the past year, it has become apparent that the parking bays in front of Wisbech Park (Lynn Road) have now been turned into an unofficial car sales area.
Not only have cars been available, there has also been a van and a tipper truck. And to top it all, just by St Augustine's Road junction a van and truck hire vehicle is often seen plying for hire.
Not only is it an offence in law, it also stops visitors to the park having more parking spaces.
In November last year, I spoke to a policewoman about the problem and was told that it is not down to the police; it is the council's jurisdiction.
Early in November, I phoned the council one Saturday morning to complain about this problem. Since then, I have called three other times about the same problem, each time the reply has been "someone will get back to you." It is impossible to get past the switchboard. I did get a phone call from a withheld number and was told a message was sent to her but it was not her department.
As well as being illegal, this trading on the highway is bringing down the tone and look of Wisbech. Some of the ongoing sales have included two cars and one truck without a road tax licence displayed.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 3 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 4 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Critically endangered birds thrown a lifeline thanks to five-year project
- 7 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 8 Hospital staff pressures takes its toll on emergency care, inspectors find
- 9 Mayor in heated clash with East Cambs Council leader
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Since my last call on December 19, no one has called me to let me know what action is to be taken.
So, is Fenland District Council in dereliction of its duty by not enforcing the law?