Parade plan is pure fantasy
WISBECH has been a busy and attractive Market Town for many years. Its character has come from farming and food production, commerce, and many small and family businesses and import/export at the port. I am amazed by the planned big development at Nene Pa
WISBECH has been a busy and attractive Market Town for many years.
Its character has come from farming and food production, commerce, and many small and family businesses and import/export at the port.
I am amazed by the planned big development at Nene Parade, as projected in last week's paper.
Is it not pure fantasy that it will attract pleasure craft in any number? Also the suggested necessity of opening Sutton Bridge swing bridge to let high-masted craft come through will cause disruption to A17 traffic.
You may also want to watch:
The architecture as projected is out of keeping with historic Wisbech, both in scale, look and numbers of buildings, for that area.
Has anyone thought of the traffic from Lynn Road and Freedom Bridge which would increase and the effect on the residential areas nearby?
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 8 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
There could be an application in the future to knock down some buildings, including the Marmion House Hotel.
I dread to think what could be changed for the worse. And for whose benefit?
Does Wisbech really plan to be something like 'Monaco by the Nene'?
What about a small and attractive number of houses surrounding a green, open space, with a few shops and eating places for that area as an alternative?