OUTWELL: Lend your help to make village safer
I NEED your help. I am trying to set up a speed watch in the village of Outwell and I need people who care about their community to assist on a voluntary basis and can spare a few hours a week. As you probably know from all the advertisements on local ra
I NEED your help.
I am trying to set up a speed watch in the village of Outwell and I need people who care about their community to assist on a voluntary basis and can spare a few hours a week.
As you probably know from all the advertisements on local radio and newspapers this entails a group of people standing beside the road with a radar gun provided by the West Norfolk Police and registering the registration numbers of speeding vehicles. These are then sent to the police and up to two warning letters are dispatched then the police will possibly prosecute.
Outwell is the only local village that has two main A roads running through its centre, thus making it highly dangerous for its residents, especially for children and elderly people.
You may also want to watch:
So if you care enough for yourself, you children and your ageing family come and join me.
Let's make our community a lot safer place to live.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
I can be contacted on 01945 774054, also I have an answering machine so please leave your name and number and I will ring you back.
Along with the Outwell Parish council and Norfolk Police backing we can make a difference.