OUTWELL: Lend your help to make village safer
I NEED your help. I am trying to set up a speed watch in the village of Outwell and I need people who care about their community to assist on a voluntary basis and can spare a few hours a week. As you probably know from all the advertisements on local ra
I NEED your help.
I am trying to set up a speed watch in the village of Outwell and I need people who care about their community to assist on a voluntary basis and can spare a few hours a week.
As you probably know from all the advertisements on local radio and newspapers this entails a group of people standing beside the road with a radar gun provided by the West Norfolk Police and registering the registration numbers of speeding vehicles. These are then sent to the police and up to two warning letters are dispatched then the police will possibly prosecute.
Outwell is the only local village that has two main A roads running through its centre, thus making it highly dangerous for its residents, especially for children and elderly people.
So if you care enough for yourself, you children and your ageing family come and join me.
Let's make our community a lot safer place to live.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
I can be contacted on 01945 774054, also I have an answering machine so please leave your name and number and I will ring you back.
Along with the Outwell Parish council and Norfolk Police backing we can make a difference.