I HATE to shatter Mr Keppel-Garner s romantic notion that most people would rather have the sight of a few wind turbines than a nice big nuclear power plant across the fields . Maybe they would, but those same people probably enjoy reading books by cand
I HATE to shatter Mr Keppel-Garner's romantic notion that "most people would rather have the sight of a few wind turbines than a nice big nuclear power plant across the fields".
Maybe they would, but those same people probably enjoy reading books by candle-light, too.
Wind farms capable of generating 1 GW of electricity would take around 2,500 acres of land compared to just 69 acres for nuclear (source BERR).
Add to that wind turbines are well over twice the height of nuclear power station buildings, so a wind power station would be around 80 times the volume of the equivalent nuclear power station.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 5 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil