I HATE to shatter Mr Keppel-Garner s romantic notion that most people would rather have the sight of a few wind turbines than a nice big nuclear power plant across the fields . Maybe they would, but those same people probably enjoy reading books by cand
I HATE to shatter Mr Keppel-Garner's romantic notion that "most people would rather have the sight of a few wind turbines than a nice big nuclear power plant across the fields".
Maybe they would, but those same people probably enjoy reading books by candle-light, too.
Wind farms capable of generating 1 GW of electricity would take around 2,500 acres of land compared to just 69 acres for nuclear (source BERR).
Add to that wind turbines are well over twice the height of nuclear power station buildings, so a wind power station would be around 80 times the volume of the equivalent nuclear power station.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone