I HATE to shatter Mr Keppel-Garner s romantic notion that most people would rather have the sight of a few wind turbines than a nice big nuclear power plant across the fields . Maybe they would, but those same people probably enjoy reading books by cand
I HATE to shatter Mr Keppel-Garner's romantic notion that "most people would rather have the sight of a few wind turbines than a nice big nuclear power plant across the fields".
Maybe they would, but those same people probably enjoy reading books by candle-light, too.
Wind farms capable of generating 1 GW of electricity would take around 2,500 acres of land compared to just 69 acres for nuclear (source BERR).
Add to that wind turbines are well over twice the height of nuclear power station buildings, so a wind power station would be around 80 times the volume of the equivalent nuclear power station.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 9 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures