Not invited to the party
NOTICE that future Prime Minister Gordon Brown has recently made the call for the 300,000 Labour Party members, who have left the Party since 1997, to rejoin. I find this a bit rich given my experiences of trying to rejoin the Fenland Labour Party. Three
NOTICE that future Prime Minister Gordon Brown has recently made the call for the 300,000 Labour Party members, who have left the Party since 1997, to rejoin.
I find this a bit rich given my experiences of trying to rejoin the Fenland Labour Party.
Three years ago, I applied to re-join the Labour Party over the internet using my credit card.
Six weeks later I received a letter from the membership secretary of the North-East Cambridgeshire Constituency Labour Party.
You may also want to watch:
The letter stated that before I could re-join the Labour Party I would have to be interviewed by a three-man panel.
After much thought, I concluded that the Labour Party was being very cheeky, so I wrote back to the membership secretary politely telling him where he could stick his three-man panel.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
Since then I have tried to join the Labour Supporters Network, again via the internet.
Although I have subscribed to all of the LSN e-mail newsletters, I have received no e-mails or communications from them.
I have even tried to join using my party name but it seems that my home address is on a Labour Party blacklist.
All I can conclude is that the Labour Party does not want me as a member or supporter. Contrastingly, while recently chatting to a leading local Tory councillor, I was asked if I had thought of joining the Conservative Party.
A Marxist joining the Tory Party? Well that is a thought! Perhaps I should take them up on their offer.