NORFOLK STREET POST OFFICE: I'm not one of those affected by changes
AS a result of the Post Office Network Change Programme, Norfolk Street Post Office, Wisbech, is not one of those identified to be closed. I hope you can pass this on to your readers many of whom are our valued customers. This is of course fantastic news
AS a result of the Post Office Network Change Programme, Norfolk Street Post Office, Wisbech, is not one of those identified to be closed.
I hope you can pass this on to your readers many of whom are our valued customers. This is of course fantastic news for us and our staff as well as the many people who rely on the Post Office service at our end of town.
There is however one other burning issue for all post offices. Over four million people across the UK and thousands in the Wisbech area choose to receive state pensions and benefits at the Post Office using its card account facility. This service is under threat as the Government is currently considering bids to run a new card account from 2010 and we have serious concerns it may decide to award this contract to another bidder.
Without the card account more Post Offices will be forced to close leading to more difficulties for local residents and businesses.
You may also want to watch:
MPs and the general public should write to the Prime Minister to urge the government to award this contract to the Post Office.
If it fails to do so consequences for local Post Offices could be devastating, hopefully you will get behind us too.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Norfolk Street Post Office
1 Norwich Street