No wildlife has a chance
Your readers may remember me writing last year about the plague of the pheasant gunmen. Following my letter last year I received some threats from the gunmen, who threatened to shoot my peafowl. But I received much more support for my stand against them.
Your readers may remember me writing last year about the plague of the pheasant gunmen.
Following my letter last year I received some threats from the gunmen, who threatened to shoot my peafowl. But I received much more support for my stand against them.
This year has seen the continuing slaughter. Only a few days ago we had gunmen around. We had about 16 pheasants feeding in our garden. Next day we hade one cock bird left.
The gunmen sweep the roadsides and ditches with their beaters. No wildlife has a chance. Shooting from public land, with some horses and riders in the area of the shoot, we counted more than 60 shots. We expect not every one got a bird. We had shots raining down in the garden. We guess the odd pet cat got hit, as we have found in the past.
You may also want to watch:
It is now possible to take out ASBOs against the shoots if they disturb you in any anti social way. The League Aainst Cruel Sports can be contacted on 0845 330 8486 or by writing to 83-87 Union Street, London, SE11SG. The League will give advice and help.
The gunmen are intimidating to some people, but they don't intimidate us.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 5 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 6 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Two drink drivers lose their licences
There is a letter on the LACS web ite from a farmer in Suffolk who has been plagued by gunmen as we have, so it is a national problem.
Harps Hall Road