NENE WATERFRONT: Crazy parking will not aid ""white elephant"".
WHAT a crazy world. The Government has stated for some time now that there is a major need for low cost housing throughout the UK. I read in the press that there has been the inevitable delay in the construction of housing in the Nene Waterfront scheme,
WHAT a crazy world.
The Government has stated for some time now that there is a major need for low cost housing throughout the UK.
I read in the press that there has been the inevitable delay in the construction of housing in the Nene Waterfront scheme, all due to someone at the council not getting the paperwork signed properly by the developers.
What do they do instead? Build the biggest white elephant called the boathouse, which will only be used by those who have flash boats as their toys.
You may also want to watch:
If as stated in the press that the boathouse will be used by local residents how on earth are they going to get there, there is no infrastructure in place.
Have you tried to cross the Freedom Bridge and Roundabout either by car or on foot? It is a nightmare; you risk your life in trying to negotiate this area which you would have to cross to get down to the boathouse from the town centre or North End.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
All these mistakes by the council are costing the taxpayer dearly.
Look at the ongoing saga of the Market Place, still no solution to the pedestrianisation problem despite thousands of pounds being spent on signage stating "Pedestrian Zone". As for parking I am lost for words, all "free parking" is to be commended but why is one penalised for parking in the Horsefair Car Park if you forget to get a ticket or overstay your welcome.
What to me is the most annoying thing is the fact that parking it seems is a free for all, double yellow lines, in the pedestrian zone, on the pavements, in fact anywhere you like without penalty, but you will get a penalty fine if you park in a car park.
Crazy, crazy, crazy.