MPs' EXPENSES: Congratulations to Malcolm Moss for passing the test
AS a student of politics, I was pleased to read in last week s paper that MP Malcolm Moss has received a clean bill of health from the Legg inquiry into Parliamentary expenses. Mr Moss, the MP for North East Cambs, published a copy of the letter he had re
AS a student of politics, I was pleased to read in last week's paper that MP Malcolm Moss has received a clean bill of health from the Legg inquiry into Parliamentary expenses.
Mr Moss, the MP for North East Cambs, published a copy of the letter he had received from Sir Thomas Legg following his return to Parliament last week.
Sir Thomas told Mr Moss that having examined his Parliamentary expenses, he had discovered no payments which had been incorrectly claimed or paid.
At the same time, Sir Thomas had not identified any payments made to Mr Moss that would call for any repayment or further supporting evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Since his election to Parliament in 1987, Mr Moss has literally helped thousands of people in Fenland with their problems; ranging from benefit claims to disputes over planning permission.
Mr Moss will be retiring from Parliament at the 2010 general election; he will be sorely missed by his political opponents and allies alike.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’