MPs' EXPENSES: Congratulations to Malcolm Moss for passing the test
AS a student of politics, I was pleased to read in last week s paper that MP Malcolm Moss has received a clean bill of health from the Legg inquiry into Parliamentary expenses. Mr Moss, the MP for North East Cambs, published a copy of the letter he had re
AS a student of politics, I was pleased to read in last week's paper that MP Malcolm Moss has received a clean bill of health from the Legg inquiry into Parliamentary expenses.
Mr Moss, the MP for North East Cambs, published a copy of the letter he had received from Sir Thomas Legg following his return to Parliament last week.
Sir Thomas told Mr Moss that having examined his Parliamentary expenses, he had discovered no payments which had been incorrectly claimed or paid.
At the same time, Sir Thomas had not identified any payments made to Mr Moss that would call for any repayment or further supporting evidence.
Since his election to Parliament in 1987, Mr Moss has literally helped thousands of people in Fenland with their problems; ranging from benefit claims to disputes over planning permission.
Mr Moss will be retiring from Parliament at the 2010 general election; he will be sorely missed by his political opponents and allies alike.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 4 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys