MPs' EXPENSES: Congratulations to Malcolm Moss for passing the test
AS a student of politics, I was pleased to read in last week s paper that MP Malcolm Moss has received a clean bill of health from the Legg inquiry into Parliamentary expenses. Mr Moss, the MP for North East Cambs, published a copy of the letter he had re
AS a student of politics, I was pleased to read in last week's paper that MP Malcolm Moss has received a clean bill of health from the Legg inquiry into Parliamentary expenses.
Mr Moss, the MP for North East Cambs, published a copy of the letter he had received from Sir Thomas Legg following his return to Parliament last week.
Sir Thomas told Mr Moss that having examined his Parliamentary expenses, he had discovered no payments which had been incorrectly claimed or paid.
At the same time, Sir Thomas had not identified any payments made to Mr Moss that would call for any repayment or further supporting evidence.
Since his election to Parliament in 1987, Mr Moss has literally helped thousands of people in Fenland with their problems; ranging from benefit claims to disputes over planning permission.
Mr Moss will be retiring from Parliament at the 2010 general election; he will be sorely missed by his political opponents and allies alike.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech