MINIMUM WAGE: 'Cause of horrific unemployment'
I WAS most intrigued with Peter Roberts being proud of the minimum wage rising to £5.73. Perhaps he is unaware that it has caused horrific unemployment figures among the young and unskilled; more than 50 per cent of low-skilled youths out of work a year
I WAS most intrigued with Peter Roberts being "proud" of the minimum wage rising to £5.73.
Perhaps he is unaware that it has caused horrific unemployment figures among the young and unskilled; more than 50 per cent of low-skilled youths out of work a year after leaving school.
All the minimum wage does is keep the unskilled and young out of the workforce so they never have the chance to build the skills and experience that employers are willing to pay for.
If you're unemployed never mind, console yourself with the thought that Mr Roberts is very "proud" of condemning you to the scrapheap.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition