AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund. The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough.
AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund.
The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough. On an unseasonably hot day I completed the run in around two and a half hours.
The second event was a charity Ceilidh held in St Peter’s Church Hall. This was attended by ninety people who enjoyed a fine performance of Morris Dancing by the Kings Morris, who finished their set by getting various Mayors and a USAF Colonel on the dance floor.
The Kings Morris were followed by the wonderful Rusty Relics whose foot tapping music soon had the floor full of enthusiastic dancers.
You may also want to watch:
During the interval an auction was held for a massive pumpkin that had generously been donated by Mark Eldridge and was purchased by the Mayor of Thetford.
I would like to thank everyone for their support and generosity at these events.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
CLLR NICK MEEKINS
Mayor of Wisbech