AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund. The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough.
AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund.
The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough. On an unseasonably hot day I completed the run in around two and a half hours.
The second event was a charity Ceilidh held in St Peter’s Church Hall. This was attended by ninety people who enjoyed a fine performance of Morris Dancing by the Kings Morris, who finished their set by getting various Mayors and a USAF Colonel on the dance floor.
The Kings Morris were followed by the wonderful Rusty Relics whose foot tapping music soon had the floor full of enthusiastic dancers.
During the interval an auction was held for a massive pumpkin that had generously been donated by Mark Eldridge and was purchased by the Mayor of Thetford.
I would like to thank everyone for their support and generosity at these events.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 9 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
CLLR NICK MEEKINS
Mayor of Wisbech