AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund. The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough.
AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund.
The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough. On an unseasonably hot day I completed the run in around two and a half hours.
The second event was a charity Ceilidh held in St Peter’s Church Hall. This was attended by ninety people who enjoyed a fine performance of Morris Dancing by the Kings Morris, who finished their set by getting various Mayors and a USAF Colonel on the dance floor.
The Kings Morris were followed by the wonderful Rusty Relics whose foot tapping music soon had the floor full of enthusiastic dancers.
You may also want to watch:
During the interval an auction was held for a massive pumpkin that had generously been donated by Mark Eldridge and was purchased by the Mayor of Thetford.
I would like to thank everyone for their support and generosity at these events.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
CLLR NICK MEEKINS
Mayor of Wisbech