AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund. The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough.
AS Mayor of Wisbech I have recently been raising money for my Charity Fund.
The first event was the Great Eastern Run, a half marathon held in Peterborough. On an unseasonably hot day I completed the run in around two and a half hours.
The second event was a charity Ceilidh held in St Peter’s Church Hall. This was attended by ninety people who enjoyed a fine performance of Morris Dancing by the Kings Morris, who finished their set by getting various Mayors and a USAF Colonel on the dance floor.
The Kings Morris were followed by the wonderful Rusty Relics whose foot tapping music soon had the floor full of enthusiastic dancers.
You may also want to watch:
During the interval an auction was held for a massive pumpkin that had generously been donated by Mark Eldridge and was purchased by the Mayor of Thetford.
I would like to thank everyone for their support and generosity at these events.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 4 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 8 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
CLLR NICK MEEKINS
Mayor of Wisbech