MARCH: Your Voice of the Fens had it spot on about snow and grit issues
I AGREE entirely with the sentiments expressed in your Voice of the Fens column in last week s issue. If ever there was an example of councils abdicating their responsibility for the Health & Safety of its citizens, the recent state of the pavements has
I AGREE entirely with the sentiments expressed in your 'Voice of the Fens' column in last week's issue.
If ever there was an example of councils abdicating their responsibility for the Health & Safety of its citizens, the recent state of the pavements has to take the biscuit.
Are we to be totally sacrificed on the altar of the obsession with keeping the roads gritted for the benefit of the motorist?
The council were quick enough to close hundreds of schools on the questionable pretext of Health & Safety, whilst leaving their pedestrian population slipping and sliding all over the place even in the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
I took a walk into March town centre on Monday, a week after the first snowfalls. The area around where the public toilets are, just over the bridge, was still lethal.
Is it too much to expect a small proportion of our council tax to be set aside for making at least the town centre pavements and access to public toilets, bus stops and car parks safe to walk on?
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
This is something the district council could tackle quite easily without passing the buck to the County Council Highways Dept.
In fact, if they provide me with the equipment I'll do it for them for free!